I’ve learned (sometimes the hard way) that the key success factor to any initiative is alignment. This might sound like common sense but still is one of the main weak points I come across in almost any mandate. I help companies and teams to overcome this and move forward towards a shared “true North”.
What I do
Alignment of project teams and (re)calibration of programs, projects or initiatives. Key deliverables of my work with the team are usually
- Project Charter & Specification
- Scoping with initial release plan and roadmap
- Risk & dependency register
- Project plan with sourcing and budget proposal
Development of a strategic reference point (aka business case) in the existing organisation and business logic. This work is usually conducted with the executive/sponsor group and the project core team. Deliverables can be
- Strategic anchor points for the program (the WHY)
- Vision/Mission for the program
- Concrete business cases for change (not the ROI excel sheet)
- Foundation for change implementation and management
- Stakeholder & corporate audience messaging
How I do it
80% of this is delivered via coaching. Simply because the purpose for change has to come from within and the key players of a change process have to find the motivation and drivers for change in their own environment. Common methodologies are
- Engaging discovery workshops
- Stakeholder interviews and storytelling driven reports (not PowerPoint or Excel)
- Business design & planning workshops that allow groups to get on the same page for complex challenges
Some of the methods I use might be called Design Thinking, some come from NLP, some from systemic coaching. I try to stay away from all those buzz words and just promise three key deliverables:
- Tangible results that can be turned into actions.
- Aligned participants that work as a strong coalition.
- Fun along the process.