Well aligned people are the foundation for successful projects. I help to transform strong individuals and subject matter experts into powerful teams, that move at similar pace towards a shared objective.
How I support the process
Collaborative alignment of project teams and (re)calibration of programs, projects or initiatives. Key deliverables of my work with the team are usually
- Project Charter & Specification
- Scoping with initial release plan and roadmap
- Risk & dependency register
- Project plan with sourcing and budget proposal
Development of a strategic reference point (aka business case) in the existing organisation and business logic. This work is usually conducted with the executive/sponsor group and the project core team. Deliverables can be
- Strategic anchor points for the program (the WHY)
- Vision/Mission for the program
- Concrete business cases for change (not the ROI excel sheet)
- Foundation for change implementation and management
- Stakeholder & corporate audience messaging
How I do it
80% of this is delivered via active people coaching. Simply because the purpose for change has to come from within and the key players of a change process have to find the motivation and drivers for change in their own environment. Common methodologies are
- Engaging discovery workshops
- Stakeholder interviews and storytelling driven reports (not PowerPoint or Excel)
- Business design & planning workshops that allow groups to get on the same page for complex challenges
Some of the methods I use might be called Design Thinking, some come from NLP, some from systemic coaching. I try to stay away from all those buzz words and just promise three key deliverables:
- Tangible results that can be turned into actions.
- Aligned participants that work as a strong coalition.
- Fun along the process.