It’s the time of year again. All experts are gathering around the crystal ball to predict what we will be doing in the next 12 months. Of course I need to chime in because if you operate under the “Digital Sherpa” metaphor the “Shaman” isn’t that far off…
So here we go with my 5 best shots:
- All technology driven initiatives to digitally transform the mechanics of relationship management, business development or productivity will fail.
- “On premises” is dead. If someone tries to tell you, it’s not: there some personal stake in maintaining the legacy involved.
- We will see less Chief Digital Officers and more digitally empowered, mature and passionate people in leading and executing roles. It will become a very tough environment for consultancies.
- The artificial separation of “intranet” and “internet” will be torn down because it literally makes no sense.
- We will reflect on 2017 in December and make similar predictions again because corporate politics, power struggles and lack of disruptive thinking will keep things at a slow pace…no matter how quickly the field evolves.
Merry Xmas. Happy New Year. Make life count.